Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 1 hr.
- 2 pounds oxtail (medium-cut)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons Tin Star Foods Grass-fed Ghee
- 1 white onion (sliced)
- 6 garlic cloves (smashed)
- 2 cups Bare Bones Beef Broth (Either Classic or Tomato and Spice)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 Instant Pot
- Sprinkle salt and pepper over oxtails.
- Place large sauté pan on medium high heat, add 1 tablespoon of Tin Star Ghee and brown all sides of oxtails (the more browned the better!).
- While browning oxtail - set Instant Pot to "sauté". Once Instant Pot reads "hot" - add 1 tablespoon Tin Star Ghee, then add onion slices. Stir until softened.
- Once oxtails are all browned, remove from heat.
- Add browned oxtails, 2 cups Bare Bones Beef Broth, crushed garlic cloves and bay leaf to the Instant Pot.
- Close and lock Instant Pot (make sure steam release is positioned to "Sealing" and press the "Meat/Stew" button or High Pressure for about 50 minutes.
- After cooking is complete, use the Natural Pressure Release instead of the Quick Pressure Release.
- Remove bay leaf, skim as much fat as you can from the top, salt and pepper to taste, then enjoy over rice, with veggies or bread!