By: Spoons and Stilettos
Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 12 minutes | Servings: 2
I always thought cooking a perfectly seared salmon was only possible in restaurants. This changed once I started cooking with Ghee. I don’t know what it is about this cooking fat that gives the perfect sear. It really does wonders on salmon.
Last Friday I decided to forego the usual take out and I made a quick salmon, asparagus with tomato salad dinner. I used the ghee to saute the asparagus and to sear the salmon fillets. This was hit with my Fiancé who is usually a picky eater. He said it was one of my best meals and asked to add it to our regular rotation. For someone who loves to cook, hearing a compliment like that put a smile on my face.
Making an asparagus and salmon meal is quick and easy. If this is your first time using ghee this is a great beginner recipe!
- 2 fresh salmon fillets
- 1 bunch fresh asparagus (about 12 spears), ends removed
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes , halved
- 5 tablespoon Tin Star Foods Ghee
- 1/4 cup parsley , chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro , chopped
- 1 medium avocado, cut into wedges
- 2 small cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- Heat 2 tbsp ghee in a cast iron pan and cook the asparagus over medium heat. Season with salt and black pepper .
- While asparagus is cooking, add 2 tablespoons ghee in another large pan. Place salmon skin side down into the pan and wait to flip it for at least 3 minutes.
- Flip over the salmon to sear the skinless side. Wait another 3 minutes to allow the the skinless side to develop a golden brown color.
- While salmon is browning add garlic to asparagus, cook another minute and start plating.
- Mix cherry tomatoes with herbs, olive oil, salt, pepper and serve with the salmon and asparagus.