Toasted Coconut Kale Chips - The Castaway Kitchen
- 2 bunches curly kale
- 2 tsp Tin Star Foods Ghee
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp toasted coconut flakes
- 2 sheet pans
- Wash & thoroughly dry your kale. You can even use a salad spinner then pat with a clean towel.
- Preheat oven to 300F
- Tear large pieces of leaves from the stems
- Arrange on both sheet pans evenly without crowning or overlapping
- Drizzle one teaspoon of ghee over each sheet pan evenly
- Gently massage leaves distributing ghee on the leaves
- Sprinkle 1/2 tsp of salt over each sheet pan, 1/2 tsp garlic powder & 1 tbsp toasted coconut flakes (for each sheet pan of leaves)
- Make sure oven racks are 2 spaces apart, centered in the oven
- Place sheet pans in oven set timer for 15 minutes.
- Rotate pans, switch rack & turn them around.
- Set timer for 10 minutes
- Remove from oven & let cool for 5 minutes.
The original recipe post can be found HERE!