Prep Time: 15 minutes | Cook Time: 20 minutes | Servings: 4
We’ve put a gourmet twist on everyone’s favorite game day appetizer. Swapping traditional butter for our Brown Butter Ghee adds a new level of depth, so your buffalo sauce isn’t just spicy: it’s nutty and caramelly, too. These wings can be fried or baked depending on your preference.
- 2 cups buffalo hot sauce, such as Frank’s Red Hot
- ⅓ cup Tin Star Foods Brown Butter
- Hot sauce, such as Tabasco (optional)
- 3 pounds party-style wings
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- Canola oil (if you choose to fry)
- IF FRYING: pour canola oil into a heavy-bottomed pot, enough to be 2.5-3 inches deep. Heat over medium-high heat until oil reaches 350ºF. IF BAKING: preheat oven to 425ºF. Prepare two baking sheets by lining with foil and topping with baking racks.
- In a large bowl, toss party-style wings with cornstarch and kosher salt until completely coated.
- IF FRYING: add wings to oil and cook until floating and golden brown, 8-10 minutes. Cook in batches to avoid over-crowding the pot. Remove to a paper towel-lined plate. IF BAKING: evenly space the wings on prepared baking sheets with racks. Bake for 25 minutes, flip, and bake for another 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown.
- While the wings are cooking, add the buffalo hot sauce and Brown Butter to a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Add a few shakes of hot sauce for spicier wings. Let cook until ghee has melted and sauce is warmed through, 5-7 minutes.
- When wings are completely cooked, add them to a large bowl. Pour the sauce over the wings and toss using a rubber spatula to thoroughly coat the wings.
- Pour wings onto a platter and serve with sliced veggies and blue cheese sauce, if desired.