By: Back Porch Paleo
We set out to come up with a recipe where the amazing flavors of Tin Star Foods Brown Butter could shine through. Between the caramelly, buttery notes and the completely smooth texture—it’s quite simply a taste sensation like none other. The brown butter compliments the lemon notes of these golden gems and makes the texture of these grain free donuts simply amazing!
- 1 cup Otto’s Cassava Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 1 tablespoon, plus ½ tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons coconut sugar
- ¼ cup Tin Star Foods Brown Butter
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¾ cup full fat coconut milk
- 1 egg
- 10-12 drops of food grade lemon essential oil
- 1 cup organic powdered sugar
- Juice of one lemon
- Sift together cassava flour, baking powder salt, and poppy seeds.
- In a separate bowl beat the coconut sugar and brown butter until fluffy.
- Add syrup, coconut milk, vanilla, egg, 1 tablespoon lemon zest, and lemon oil to the ghee mixture and beat until well combined.
- Combine dry ingredients with wet and beat again until well combined. The batter will thicken up as it sets.
- Use a plastic bag with the tip cut off to pipe batter or you can also use a pastry bag with a large tip, whichever method, fill with batter and prep your donut maker or donut pan and bake according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Once donuts are cooled, stir together powdered sugar, lemon juice, and remaining lemon zest in a small bowl until well combined. You want a smooth and pretty fluid consistency so that you can dip the top of the donut in it and then it will slowly drip slowly down the sides.
- Allow glaze to set and serve!
We are THRILLED to announce the release of the Tin Star Foods Ghee & Brown Butter eCookbook! This cookbook includes 14 delicious community created recipes (including the recipe above) to show you how ghee and brown butter can transform homemade meals into effortlessly gourmet, nutrient-dense creations! This eCookbook is yours FREE with a purchase of any size or variety of Tin Star Foods ghee and brown butter on Amazon!